Saturday 20 May 2017

Live online class at MM10

Hi everyone!

Today I am going to tell you about the experience of a live online class that my class carried out the past 4th of May at MM10.
MM10 (or Moodle Mooc 10) is a series of online conferences about different topics regarding education that are taking place from 1st of May until 4th of June. The purpose of this, is to connect teachers around the world, in order to exchange knowledge and experiences including or not technology in the classroom.

The conference was called Open Educational Digital Projects for CLIL Primary Education. We have talked about the experience with ICT of each one of us in our ICT course from the Master's Degree in Bilingual Education, it includes our own learning diaries, our blogs.

To make this, we have followed these steps:
- Draft our speech.
- Design a support slide (for a common presentation).
- Participate in the Online Conference in MM10 (in which I could not intervene because of technical problems).
- Reflect on the experience in our learning diary.

Here is my class presentation and my support slide:


Open educational digital projects for clil primary education from Jefe de Área de Formación en Red y Redes Sociales. INTEF


My support slide

After that, we have to prepare a speech for the conference of no more than five minutes, to present and talk about our Open Educational Digital Project. You can see my speech upload with Issuu here:


The 4th of May, we went to the conference page and present our collaborative live class here one by one. You can see the conference belong:



REFLECTION
Even if I cannot participate in the conference, I could see it and it was an incredible opportunity to learn, from my classmates and other teachers, new ways of education using ICT.
This makes me think about what kind of teacher I want to be in the future, because I really believe that motive our students and use a creative and innovative methodology in our classrooms are the key to be a good teacher.
Thanks to this online conference I have notices that share your knowledge and learn from other can make you open your eyes about somethings. It was very interesting to hear my classmates' presentations and see their ideas and the Projects they have created.

I would like to say also, that I have learnt a lot during this Masters' ICT course, new tools, techniques and different ways to teach a content (no more exercises, more super learning missions). ICT is a time consuming subject but it is also an important subject for us as a 21st century teachers.
If you incorporate ICT into your lessons, you know it, but if not and you are going to do it, you will see it. It is a hard work for the teacher, you have to be so many hours preparing the content and the challenges that your students will finish in five minutes, but you will see also that they like learn new things because it is not a bored activity, it is funny and it has a lot of advantages.
This is what I was feeling during these four months in the subject. We have so much work to do, but I have learnt a lot and I am going to use almost all of these resources in my future lessons.


If you have any doubt or you have tried it, leave a comment. I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment