Monday 1 May 2017

Super learning mission 1: Make a comic!

Hi everyone!

Today I am going to talk about how to turn an activity or exercise into a super learning mission. The teacher has to draft the learning mission instrutions, the goals to be achieved, the digital tool that the children are going to use and the competencies involved. The teacher can also alliegned it with the partner collaborative Project that she wants to contribute if she or he has it. Now I am going to show you my super learning mission, how the comic would be and what I have learnt.

- Learning mission instructions:

  • First, children have to choose an animal to make a comic.
  • Then, they have to look information about it (if it is vertebrate or invertebrate, what it eats, how it moves, if it is a mammal, fish, reptile, bird or amphibian, where it lives and how we can take care of its hábitat).
  • When the child has the information, he/she has to make a comic with the tool StoryboardThat. (I told you about this tool on a previous post).
  • Finally, each of them have to show and explain their comic to their classmates.
- Goals to be achieved:
  • Be creative.
  • Review animals movements, feedings and groups (viviparous/oviparous, vertebrate/invertebrate, mammal/bird/fish/reptile/amphibian).
  • Know how to look for information online.
  • Express himself/herself.
- Digital tool:
  • StoryboardThat.
- Competences involved:
  • Communication skills.
  • Digital skills.
  • Social and civic skills.
  • Sense of initiative and entrepreneurship.
  • Cultural awareness and expression.
- Collaborative Project alliegned with:
- Comic:

Made with Storyboard That

- What have I learnt with this super learning mission?
The first thing that I have learnt is that a super learning mission is funnier than an activity or exercise, because the child is involved in the learning process and he/she has to think and be creative to make it.
The most difficult part was turn an activity or exercise into a super learning mission, I think because I am accustomed to simple activities from the book or from another site. But doing this super learning mission, has made me see that, although it is difficult for the teacher to carry it out, create it or explain it, it is an easier way for the student to learn the contents and that they look for information outside the book to learn, to explore by themselves.
That is because I encourage you to try it with your students, because it is made with an easy tool, funny for the children and for the teacher to see their comics, so I am going to use it in my future clases.


If you have any doubt or you have tried it, leave a comment. I hope you like this super learning mission and you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Zahara!

    I really love your learning mission. I like the cross curricular link between literacy and Natural Science. Besides, your activity shows the potential of comics because you can work other contents through them. Furthermore, the learners can be creative because they need to imagine the habitat of the animal and the monologue of the protagonist. You did a great job! Your learning mission is motivating and enjoyable. I am pretty sure that the students will acquire the knowledge easily and having fun! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete